Why are you video blogging? – How to get started with a video blog strategy.
Some one pretty smart once said
The Greatest amount of wasted time is the time not getting started.
You want to be video blogging, and dive into the number one most powerful way to build your personal brand online but you have no idea where to start! Lets get you going with your first steps.
Sometimes the biggest barrier to starting can be not knowing what to say or how to say it, and then – what to do with it! Well really the first question you need to be asking yourself is Why?.
Why are you wanting to do a video blog? What do you want to achieve?
Do you want to build your personal brand? Be seen as an expert in your field? Communicate regularly to your market?
Be clear about your why and this should lead you to your what.
And it’s the what, that forms the basis of your video blog strategy. What are you going to talk about?
- Just be sure that your content is engaging, keep it short, and to the point.
- Use natural language, not overly technical or wordy.
- Consider a mixture of evergreen topics (with information that never gets old) and up to date topics that discuss current issues.
- Provide information of value to your audience, not fluffy stuff that they can easily find elsewhere
- Dont be afraid to include your own opinions and personality.
- And be prepared, by taking the time to create a content calendar which maps out your video blog topics in advance. This simple document can be critical in developing and engaging spread of information over time and ensuring that your messages are consistent but not repetitive.
And thats it, a great way to get started. Take a few moments, grab yourself and drink and jot down your video blogging why, and then let that inform your what.
In the information below this video youll find a link to a free download of the Vlog Pod Content calendar our gift to you to help you on your way. And don’t forget to share this video if you’ve appreciated the help. And head on over to Vlogpod.com.au for more awesome tips or to learn about our video blog studio services.
Until next time happy vlogging.