Online First Impressions: Making them Count
How long does it take to make an impression online?
Have you ever thought about how long it takes for you to make a first impression in the online environment? Your online first impression is made in as little as 50ms! Not a lot of time at all. Having video on your website increases the likelihood that you’ll make a positive start and engage a visitor to watch the video.
And so now it’s all about making a great first impression in your video.
How to make a good first impression on video.
Like your website, there’s ways to do things that make a good impression and ways that don’t. If you’re making a video that will be the first thing that people watch, use these questions to make sure you make the best impression from the get go.
- Will viewers see people before logo’s and branding?
- Will the people they see accurately represent the “feel”, “look” and professionalism of your business?
- Will any avatars and thumbnails accurately represent the “feel”, “look” and professionalism of your business?
- Will you have all your videos located together and not alongside other videos – such as personal or private videos?
- Will there be easy links to your active social media accounts near your videos?
- Will the people they see online going to be the people they see offline?
- Will they see your video presence regular and growing?
Having a clear strategy for your online video presence is the most important step to ensure you are going to make a great first impression. Adding video without this can either be a waste of time or do more damage than you think.
Why not leave us a comment on what you might have changed after testing your first impression. And be sure to subscribe for more online video tips, tricks and strategy.